[BioC] Questions about the Affy package....

Joshua Betcher jb7gv@virginia.edu
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:31:11 -0400

I have been going through the code for this package and I have a few
questions and comments:

1) For normalize.Plob.loess, slot names that do not exist are used.

2)  As I have looked through the help files there does not appear to be any
examples of the use of the read.cdfile, read.affy, etc..  Does anyone happen
to have example files that these functions could be used on?

3)  Is there equivalent function to optim in splus?  It was mentioned in the
code that maybe nlminb could be used; could someone explain this further?

Thanks everyone for your help
Josh