[BioC] Web site suggestions

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:09:55 -0400

(Please cc me on replies, as my mailing list subscription request doesn't
seem to have been processed yet.)

Hi All,

Couple of web site comments:

1) The current layout of the bioconductor.org doesn't provide much guidance
to getting started with the bioconductor packages.  There is no clear links
to documentation and no introduction to the tools.  Would it be possible to
(at least) give links to the documentation of the individuals packages (not
just the function list)?    As it is now, it is necessary to download and
install the individual packages before having access to the documentation
that can be used to see what might really be useful and how the packages
interrelate...

2) It is not clear from
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/html/index.html what packages
are included in the 'Bioconductor Package Bundle'  (	Biobase, ROC,
annotate, edd,  and genefilter), nor is it clear what package are 'required'
or 'recommended'.   Please list the contents of the 'Bioconductor Package
Bundle' as well as adding another column to the individual package listing
giving the package 'category'.

More complains, suggestions, complements, etc as I get (try to) things
working and organized.

-Greg

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.