[BioC] Web site suggestions

Jeff Gentry jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:46:38 -0400 (EDT)

> 1) The current layout of the bioconductor.org doesn't provide much guidance
> to getting started with the bioconductor packages.  There is no clear links

The current layout isn't going to last but a few more weeks, the issues
you raise are all being taken into consideration. :)  For instance, there
will be a full documentation link on the side - as well as links from
individual package pages to its vignettes.

> 2) It is not clear from
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/html/index.html what packages
> are included in the 'Bioconductor Package Bundle'  (	Biobase, ROC,
> annotate, edd,  and genefilter), nor is it clear what package are 'required'
> or 'recommended'.   Please list the contents of the 'Bioconductor Package

Noted.  I'm not certain that the package bundle is going to stick around
(now that Jianhua's 'getBioC.R' script is available on the site), but if
so I'll note this as well.

> More complains, suggestions, complements, etc as I get (try to) things
> working and organized.

Excellent.

-Jeff