[BioC] Biobase version 1.0 on windows XP...

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
02 May 2002 13:26:44 -0700

You need to either install RSMethods (from www.omegahat.org) or
upgrade to 1.5.  (I forgot to mention that affy will require 1.5).

best,
-tony

    joshua> Hello all, today I downloaded the lastest release of biobase for win32.  I have R version 1.4.1.

    joshua>

    joshua> When I went to the window option to install the package from zip it installed the file in the correct
    joshua> place. Then when I went to the window option to load the package I recieved the following error:

    joshua>

    joshua> Loading required package: methods
    joshua> Creating a new generic function for "[[<-" on element
    joshua> 2 of the search path
    joshua> Making a generic for special function "[[<-"
    joshua> Creating a new generic function for "[[" on element 2
    joshua> of the search path
    joshua> Making a generic for special function "[["
    joshua> Expanding the signature to include omitted arguments
    joshua> in definition: j = "missing"
    joshua> Creating a new generic function for "length" on element
    joshua> 2 of the search path
    joshua> Making a generic for special function "length"
    joshua> Creating a new generic function for "[" on element 2
    joshua> of the search path
    joshua> Making a generic for special function "["
    joshua> Error in conformMethod(signature, mnames, fnames) :
    joshua>         Method has formal arguments not in generic function: file, append, quote, sep, eol, na, dec,
    joshua> row.names, col.names, qmethod
    joshua> Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE) :
    joshua>         .First.lib failed

    joshua> because of this error the package could never attach itself.  Does anyone know what the problem could be and
    joshua> how to fix it?

    joshua>

    joshua> Thanks

    joshua> Joshua Betcher

    joshua>

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu