[BioC] data swirl and the tcltk library...

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
21 May 2002 22:06:36 -0700

    joshua> I have two questions, one which is very simple and the other which is
    joshua> probably also.

    joshua> 1)  When I attach marrayinput I get the following error when I attach tcltk:

    joshua>     Loading required package: tcltk
    joshua>     Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
    joshua>         TCL_LIBRARY is not set

    >> From what I know I need to set this variable.  Is there another package I
    joshua> need?  If so what do I do once I get it?  If not, how would I overcome this
    joshua> error?

Are you running under MS Windows?  If not, does R have TCL/TK
incorporated?

    joshua> 2)   Eventhough this error occurs I can still attach marryInput.  From here
    joshua> I ran the code data(swirl) and got the following error message:

    joshua> Error: restore file may be from a newer version of R -- no data loaded

    joshua> Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I think you might be using a version of R < 1.5.0?  (I messed up the
initial announcement, but it should be clear on the WWW site that
1.4.1 and earlier won't quite work).

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu