[BioC] data swirl and the tcltk library...

Laurent Gautier laurent@cbs.dtu.dk
Wed, 22 May 2002 08:51:11 +0200

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 12:34:07AM -0400, Joshua Betcher wrote:
> I have two questions, one which is very simple and the other which is
> probably also.
>
> 1)  When I attach marrayinput I get the following error when I attach tcltk:

>     Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
>         TCL_LIBRARY is not set
>
> >From what I know I need to set this variable.  Is there another package I
> need?  If so what do I do once I get it?  If not, how would I overcome this
> error?

I suspect this comes from the fact you do not have the package 'tcltk' installed...
and from the fact you use Outlook as a mailer, I suspect you are reporting this
for the Windows version...

> 2)   Eventhough this error occurs I can still attach marryInput.  From here
> I ran the code data(swirl) and got the following error message:
>
> Error: restore file may be from a newer version of R -- no data loaded

raahhhh... again....

> Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

We know what happens (sigh):this is a binary file and the CVS
for Bioconductor seems to be in 'gotcha mode' (i.e. screws up the binary files
on windows...)... we are working on it to get this fixed
(if urgent need, I can send you the file).

Hopin' it helps,

L.

Laurent Gautier			CBS, Building 208, DTU
PhD. Student			D-2800 Lyngby,Denmark
tel: +45 45 25 24 85		http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/laurent