[BioC] affy package not loading

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
05 Nov 2002 19:56:55 -0800

I think you need the development version of Biobase.

best,
-tony

    nicholas> Hi,
    nicholas> I am trying to load the development version of the affy package and i
    nicholas> get the following error. I am using R 1.6.1 on RH linux 8.0. Any I deas?

    nicholas> Nicholas

    nicholas> library(affy)
    nicholas> *************
    nicholas> affy: development version
    nicholas> *************
    nicholas> The package is under major changes.
    nicholas> unpack the package and read the file NEWS to know more....
    nicholas> The draft for the new vignette (called 'affy2') is distributed with the
    nicholas> pacakge
    nicholas> *************
    nicholas> demo(affy.tour) will eventually work and give an overview...
    nicholas> *************
    nicholas> Loading required package: methods
    nicholas> Expanding the signature to include omitted arguments
    nicholas> in definition: j = "missing"

    nicholas> Attaching package `Biobase':

    nicholas>         The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

    nicholas>          split

    --> detecting normalization methods from naming convention
    --> detecting expression value methods from naming convention
    --> detecting background correction methods from naming convention
    --> detecting pm correction methods from naming convention
    --> initCdf
    --> initCel
    --> initAffyBatch
    nicholas> Error in getClass(Class) : "MIAME" is not a defined class
    nicholas> Error in library(affy) : .First.lib failed

    nicholas> Bioconductor mailing list
    nicholas> Bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch