[BioC] hi unable to run annbuilder

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
21 Nov 2002 13:30:49 -0800

>>>>> "arun" == arun kumar vinnakota <arun@unm.edu> writes:

    arun>  I downloaded the R 1.6.1 and i downloaded the annbuilder from your
    arun> site and i was wondering how can i use the annbuilder and there is
    arun> directions in the site too.so if u can help me in running the
    arun> annbuilder that would a great help to me . My operating system is
    arun> windows 2000.

AnnBuilder requires Perl and PostgreSQL, among other things, to run.
You probably would have to hack it up quite a bit to get things
running on Windows (maybe Cygwin would work, but you have to deal with
making sure that R doesn't deal with the Cygwin stuff, since there
seem to be slight conflicts, i.e. Cygwin Perl vs. the Perl
(ActiveState) that R "likes".

I.e. it would be quite an undertaking; note that it works fairly well
under Linux, so it might be faster (much longer computation run, but
much faster programming/debugging time) to find an old PC for the
task.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu