[BioC] Error in loading bioconductor packages in Rterm and ESS+XEmacs modes

Dr Mushtaq Ahmed mushtaq at persistent.co.in
Fri Apr 11 13:20:08 MEST 2003

I am using the latest Bioconductor developement version on Windows.
The command library(affy) works fine from the R GUI.
But I am not able to import any packages (e.g. affy) when I use the ESS+XEmacs or simply Rterm shell mode. I get the following error:
I think that it may be due to some extra work the package upload routine tries to do like adding "Vignettes" menu to the GUI and fails to do so in the Rterm mode.
What is the workaround?

Thanks in advance,
mushtaq

----------error start-----------------------

> library(affy)
*************
affy: development version
*************
*************
IMPORTANT: you need the latest versions of the required packages too.
*************
Welcome to Bioconductor
  Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
  simply type: openVignette()
  For details on reading vignettes, see
  the openVignette help page.
Creating a new generic function for "summary" in package
reposTools

Synching your local package management information ...

Attaching package `reposTools':

 The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

  summary

Error in paste(menus[1:(length(menus) - counter)], sep = "", collapse = "/") :
 only 0's may mix with negative subscripts
Welcome to Bioconductor
  Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
  simply type: openVignette()
  For details on reading vignettes, see
  the openVignette help page.
Error in paste(menus[1:(length(menus) - counter)], sep = "", collapse = "/") :
 only 0's may mix with negative subscripts
Error in reconcilePropertiesAndPrototype(name, slots, prototype, superClasses) :
 Class "AffyBatch" extends an undefined class ("exprSet"
Error in library(affy) : .First.lib failed

	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]