[BioC] lots of warnings

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Fri Apr 18 19:27:59 MEST 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 04:43:51PM +0200, stecalza at tiscali.it wrote:
> I'm starting using bioconductor, expecially affy, on a set of *.cel files.

Version of R ? Version of the packs (especially 'affy') ?

> Everything works fine, though I get lots of warnings in:
> 1) ReadAffy: I'm reading 8 CEL files.I get this warning:
>
> the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used in:
> (if(dim(intesity(cel)!=dim.intesity))

So it seems that it's R-1.7.0 and affy-1.1.(1|2)...

> I guess that is in read.celfiles where it checks for correct dimension of
> the
> arrays. I don't think this is a problem, but I'd like to be sure that it's
> not my fault.

It's not yours. It was mine. A charitable soul (Wolgang Huber I think)
corrected it (in 'devel').

> 2) Whatever function I apply to the Affybatch file created it returns me
> more than
> 50 warnings, all the same. Ex: probeNames(dati)[1:10] I get this warning(s)
>
> 1: the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
> in:
> if(is.na(ans[[i]])) next
>
> Why?

Possible other oddity in the code. Could you detail "Whatever function I apply to the Affybatch file created" ?

Regards,

Laurent