[BioC] rma causes crash

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at csiro.au
Wed Dec 10 04:57:49 MET 2003

HI list,

      I have a data set that seems to cause a problem with
rma (and also justRMA) in that it crashes R.

I have upgraded to current versions of the software, to see if this fixes
it. Unfortunately it doesnt.

The data consists of 52 ecoli affy arrays. Does anyone have any suggestions
as to how I can tracke down the problem?

>R.version
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    1
minor    8.1
year     2003
month    11
day      21
language R

>library(affy)
package.description("affy")["Version"]
"1.3.26"

>library(ecoliasv2cdf)
>package.description("ecoliasv2cdf")["Version"]
"1.3.1"

data<-ReadAffy(celfile.path ="../original/CEL_files/")
X<-rma(data)
Background correcting
Normalizing
Calculating Expression

Process R segmentation fault at Wed Dec 10 14:48:52 2003

--
Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3200     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences     +61 2 9325 3100
Email: Rob.Dunne at csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.