[BioC] ttest or fold change

Michael Newton newton at biostat.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 13 17:27:52 MET 2003

Hi,

My own calculations have also shown a lack of sensitivity of both
t-testing and other approaches when we have few replicates.  You
might be interested in a mixture approach that seems promising.
See http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~newton/papers/abstracts/tr1074a.html
for code and a paper.

Michael Newton

p.s. That site contains a major revision of the report I released
  last January, with code etc recently updated; aiming for
  Bioconductor soon!