[BioC] Doubt regarding 'playerout' and 'medianpolish' in affy package

Laurent Gautier laurent@cbs.dtu.dk
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 07:45:59 +0100

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:49:32AM -0800, Tapan Mehta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you both of you  for your help. I really
> appreciate it.
>
> However the information provided by the help does not
> seem to be sufficient. I does not seem to explain the
> logic/purpose of the options. Please can I get more
> guidance about it. This is what I get when I type the
> command:
>
> >help.search("playerout")
>
> Help files with alias or title matching `playerout',
> type 'help(FOO, package = PKG)' to inspect entry
> 'FOO(PKG) TITLE':
>
> generateExprVal.method.playerout(affy)
>                                      Generate an
> expression value from the probes informations
>

> Please let me know if there is any way to trace the
> logic in the various options.

A very powerful feature of R (and S/S-plus) is the help system.
All you need is to call the function 'help'. For example
'help(help)' will query help about the function help. If you are
begining with R, you may find a call to 'help.start()' handy too.
You may want read more about all that in a book/manual about R/S-plus.

...but in the meanwhile, try:
help(generateExprVal.method.playerout, package=affy)

Hopin' it helps,

L.