[BioC] mailman bugs

Gordon Smyth smyth@wehi.edu.au
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:17:29 +1100

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for your reply.

I have attempted to use the mailman www interface under three systems:
IE5.50 under Windows 2000, Netscape under linux and Netscape 4.7 under
MacOS 9. All three systems complain that the security certificate is not
trusted. Using Netscape under MacOS or Linux, I am able to work through a
wizard to explicitly accept the certificate as trusted, after which the
mailman site works correctly. Using IE under Windows 2000, I have not be
able to successfully register the stat.math.ethz.ch site as a trusted site
either using the wizard or manually. I have tried a number of different
site combinations when attempting manual registration.

It is possible that this is "a Windows problem", but I have not come across
this need to explicitly register the certificate in this way before and
then there is the "Bug Mailman version 2.0.13" message.

My solution: stick to the mail interface.

Gordon