[BioC] Installing BioC w/ OSX (was installing Bioconductor in R)

Jeff Gentry jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:46:29 -0500 (EST)

> Hi, I have installed R and being using R for some cDNA analysis. (Mac
> OSX)

I will preface this by saying that I'm not very familiar w/ MacOSX and
it's installation procedures.

> I would like to add the Bioconductor in the R
> I downloaded the bioconductor package and put the folder in the R folder.
> however, when i type library(vsn), or library(Biobase) in R session
> R session said can't find these packages.
> please kindly advise me how I should do it

What "bioconductor package" did you download?  The MacOSX package bundle?

> and I try to use getBioC() script to run in the R session.. and this
> time they said my R is not configured to run HTTP.. :(

Unless OSX registers as a unix under .Platform$OS, I do not think that OSX
will work at all under getBioC().

-Jeff