[BioC] importing MAGE-ML files

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc@channing.harvard.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:47:26 -0500 (EST)

I am not aware of any tools tailored to MAGE-ML at the moment,
although Tony Rossini has raised some queries and indicated
some effort in that direction.

The XML package for R includes some very powerful tools for
parsing and organizing XML documents/content.  If you have
some specific concerns about transforming MAGE-ML documents
to bioconductor exprSets or to objects that can be used with
the affy or marray* tools, let us know and we can probably
help.  This might lead to a new package for handling MAGE-ML
or to methods added to Biobase that deal with this input
format.

---
Vince Carey, PhD
Ass't Prof Med (Biostatistics)
Harvard Medical School
Channing Laboratory - ph 6175252265 fa 6177311541
181 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115 USA
stvjc@channing.harvard.edu