[BioC] normalization and analysis of connected designs

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Thu Jul 3 14:53:14 MEST 2003

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have to confess I am still confussed.

I understand the points you rise about the sources of variation. But I think
there is a fundamental issue we have not addressed: the values we get for G
and R are comming from a competitive hybridization experiment, and thus the
value of h_3G is meaningful only when we relate it to whatever was in h_3R,
and thus I don't think it is some absolute measure.

__If__ the competitive hybridization nature of the experiment is as relevant
as I believe it is, then I think we __must__ go through the chain of
connected experiments to get an estimate, regardless of the relative
magnitude of the sources of variation.

I need to go back, re-read a few papers, check the reference that Gordon has
suggested, and think about your message carefully, but this is the way I see
the issue for now.

Best, and thanks again for the comments and great discussion,

Ramón

--
Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit