[BioC] memory bottleneck on Linux

Tapan Mehta tapmehta at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 11:27:40 MEST 2003

I tried using rma instead of mas5 to check whether the
memory restrictions still apply. Unfortunately they do
apply and right now I am finding it impossible to
process all the 100 files together. However mas5 works
for smaller batch of 20 or 25 chips. However it would
be great to figure out a solution that can process 100
files since for rma I need to process all the 100
files in a single batch. Are these
algorithms(mas5,rma) parallelizable or can the
programs be modified for making the optimum use of the
cluster?