[BioC] Error creating marrayInfo

kfbargad at lg.ehu.es kfbargad at lg.ehu.es
Tue Jul 8 19:59:18 MEST 2003

Dear all,

first of all I apologise if this is a silly question.

I am using R version 1.7.1 Beta

I am trying to create objects of class marrayinfo following the
example on the marrayInfo documentation for a set of 6 cDNA chips.

> mydata.layout
Array layout:    Object of class marrayLayout.

Total number of spots:                  12288
Dimensions of grid matrix:              12 rows by 4 cols
Dimensions of spot matrices:            16 rows by 16 cols

Currently working with a subset of 12288 spots.

Control spots:

Notes on layout:
No Input File

I have created a text file called "samples.txt" following the format
of SwirlSample.txt as follows

# of slide	Names	experiment Cy3	experiment Cy5
1	sample1.txt	control	treated 1
2	sample2.txt	control	treated 1
3	sample3.txt	control	treated 1
4	sample4.txt	control	treated 2
5	sample5.txt	control	treated 2
6	sample6.txt	control	treated 2
and then tried to load it... and got the following error:

> mydata.samples<- read.marrayInfo(file.path(datadir, "samples.txt"))
Error in paste.default("Invalid object for slot \"", slotName, "\" in
class\"",  :
        Object "slotName" not found

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance