[BioC] Error creating marrayInfo

kfbargad at lg.ehu.es kfbargad at lg.ehu.es
Thu Jul 10 10:47:30 MEST 2003

Dear Marcus and Jean,
thanks for your help.

Jean, regarding your suggestions, I have tried them and this is what I
get:

> maLayout(mydata.raw)<-mydata.layout
Error: Object "mydata.raw" not found
> maGnames(mydata.raw)<-mydata.names
Error: Object "mydata.raw" not found
> class(samples)
[1] "genericFunction"
> maTargets(mydata.raw)<-samples
Error: Object "mydata.raw" not found

Marcus, the six files are six different QuantArray files. They are tab
delimited text files and the first part of the file (the first 12331
rows) are information we don´t use. We use the second half of the file
where the intensities for each channel are shown.

> David,
> Re: what does the warning mean?
>
> Are they all copies of the same file?
>
> I think the warning is because as scan reads in the list of data it
is recycling the elements (number of columns)  in the vector h in the
read.marrayRaw code completely scrambling your data.

>    dat <- scan(f, quiet = TRUE, what = h, sep = sep, skip = skip +
>                 1, quote = quote, ...)
>
> This could be caused by having just one less/extra tab somewhere in
your data files either in your data rows or the colnames header row
itself.