[BioC] Affymetrix Chips with Missing Spike-Ins

Paul Boutros pcboutro at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 18 13:43:32 MEST 2003

Hi all,

This is very similar to a question another user asked recently, so I sort of
expect the same answer:
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2003-July/001983.html

I just received data for a set of 16 Affy chips.  Very unfortunately, the
various spike-in controls (e.g. BioB, BioDN, CreX) were only added to half the
chips.  We are not entirely clear that those controls are entirely absent in
the other half -- a very low signal (10-100) is detected.

I would like to remove these control probesets at a very early step, so that I
can normalize, etc. without this interference.  Is there any way to do this in
BioConductor?  Any general suggestions on what else I could do to try
to "salvage" as much data as possible from these chips are very much
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Paul