[BioC] vsn in BioConductor 1.2

w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Jul 21 22:02:56 MEST 2003

Hi Isaac,

does your data matrix contain Inf (infinity) or an excessive number of 0s
(e.g.  through "flooring" the negative values?). If there are infinities
in the data, this will probably also lead to an infinite likelihood, which
could explain your error message.

If there are other singularities (e.g.  if a whole column of the data
matrix has the same value), this may also lead to infinite values in the
likelihood calculations.

If these suggestions do not lead to the solution of your problem, you
could send me your data matrix (anonymized) and I could try to figure out
where things go wrong.  The calculations in vsn are not that complicated.
This may be useful in making it more robust or at least in making it
produce more intelligible error messagess.

Note that I'll be away from my email from now till Thursday.

Best regards
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis