[BioC] read.marrayInfo help

Christian Bowers cbowers23 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 00:06:40 MEST 2003

Hello all,

I have just begun working with Bioconductor and am having a problem using
the read.marrayInfo command to read in sample information as well as gene
names for the .gal files. I am having trouble getting it to even work with
the sample package data.  For instance, when I type in the command:

datadir <- system.file("data", package = "marrayInput")
swirl.gnames <- read.marrayInfo(file.path(datadir, "fish.gal"), info.id =
4:5, labels = 5, skip = 21)

I get the error message:

Error in validObject(.Object) : Invalid "marrayInfo" object: Invalid object
for slot "maInfo" in class "marrayInfo": got class "NULL", should be or
extend class "data.frame"

I can't figure out why even the sample file will not read in.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
I am running Win XP
Christian