[BioC] beginner

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 4 14:41:54 MEST 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 kfbargad at lg.ehu.es wrote:
> [1] "Installing reposTools ..."
> Error in download.file(sourceUrl, fileName, mode = getMode
> (platform),  :
>         cannot open destfile
> `C:/ARCHIV~1/R/RW1071~1/library/reposTools_1.1.43.zip'

Judging from this and the earlier error you reported by attempting to use
the pulldown Packages->Install Packages from Bioconductor, I suspect that
you have some sort of permission problem with the way your R is
configured.

Have you tried what I requested you to try earlier, IE use the pulldown
Packages->Install Packages from CRAN and try to install a package from
there?  Does that work?

-J