[BioC] expression values

Jingqin luo luojingqin at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 14:16:07 MEST 2003

After I installed the new version of R and
bioconductor , the expression values obtained from the
three functions(expresso,rma and justRMA) are still
different. Am I wrong in setting some of the
auguments?
Here are the functions I used:
(1)affy3chip1 <- ReadAffy ( filenames = c ( "
1674.cel" ,"1675.cel"))

try.rma<-expresso(affy3chip1,bgcorrect.method="rma",normalize.method="quantiles",pmcorrect.method="pmonly",summary.method="medianpolish")

(2)try.rma1 <- rma( affy3chip1, verbose=TRUE,
destructive=TRUE,normalize=TRUE,background=TRUE,bgversion=2)
(3)try.rma2 <- justRMA ( filenames =
c("1674.cel","1675.cel"),normalize=TRUE,background=TRUE,bgversion=1,destructive=TRUE)

BTW,besides justRMA, is ther any other function used
for calculation of expression values and at the same
time avoid exhausting the memory?