[BioC] expression values

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Sun Jun 8 19:46:40 MEST 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Jingqin luo wrote:
SNIP

> BTW,besides justRMA, is ther any other function used
> for calculation of expression values and at the same
> time avoid exhausting the memory?

all justRMA does is avoid saving MMs. so data is at least 1/2 as big.
for PM-only measures you can easily rewrite justRMA (contributed by
James MacDonald) to create, e.g.
justpmonlyliwong. look though the code of justRMA. all you have to do is
change the calls to background subtraction, normalization, etc...
if you write something for other measures, contributions are welcomed.

for measures that use MM, itll be a bit harder cuase now there are twice
as much data.