[BioC] Spatial Correction

Justin Borevitz borevitz at salk.edu
Sun Jun 8 23:37:01 MEST 2003

Hi all great to be part of a highly active/responsive group!

Has anyone else thought about spatial correction for affy arrays?  Charles
Berry and I have done some simple corrections using sliding windows, see
Figure 1. http://www.genome.org/cgi/content/full/13/3/513/F1 or
http://naturalvariation.org/sfp/Borevitz_etal_2003_GR.pdf  I know dCHIP can
mask out scratches.  Could there be something that would take advantage of
multichip analysis, kind of like quantile normalization but that would
consider the data in its original image form (rectangular matrix of feature
intensities)?  I often see smudges on arrays where useful data is below that
needs to be locally corrected for.

FYI I have the cdf package for the Arabidopsis ATH1 array here.

http://natural.salk.edu/ath1121501cdf.tar.gz   ## source
http://natural.salk.edu/ath1121501cdf.zip   ## win32

original cdf from affy
http://natural.salk.edu/Ath1.cdf.zip