[BioC] installing XML in linux

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 9 10:58:09 MEST 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Mahbub Latif wrote:
> Thanks a lot Prof Bates. One more thing... What Debian
> packages should I install to install R packages
> Rgraphviz and rhdf5?

You need the Graphviz library installed:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/download.html

They have a debian package there, but it is probably not new enough as
Rgraphviz requires a version of Graphviz newer then their last official
release (and they only have up to 1.8.9 as debian package anyways).  Your
best bet is to download the current CVS snapshot at:
http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/, and compile it normally.

rhdf requires the HDF5 library to be installed:
http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HDF5/
Installation directions are available on their site.

-J