[BioC] Bioconductor and BASE

Lao Saal lhs74 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 12 00:08:35 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone out there has implemented any BASE plug-ins using
Bioconductor?  I'm not aware of anything yet, but see some great
opportunities.  Is anyone using BASE or interested in making Bioconductor
tools compatible with it?

For those of you not familiar with BASE, you can find more information at
http://base.thep.lu.se/.  It is basically a web-based platform for a
biologist to manage all areas of microarray experimentation, including data
analysis via plug-in modules.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.  Additionally, some of the BASE developers
are going to be at the upcoming MGED6 meeting -- so that could be a good
opportunity to meet and discuss the possibilities in person.

Lao