[BioC] Milan Package

Claire Wilson ClaireWilson at picr.man.ac.uk
Thu Jun 12 15:35:00 MEST 2003

Hi All,

I am having problems installing the Milan package whether I try to install using R CMD or I try to install from within my R session...

>From the command line, I get
$ R CMD INSTALL ./Rpackages/Milan_1.0.0.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'Milan' ...
** R
** data
** inst
ERROR: installing package DESCRIPTION failed

>From within my R session..
I get loads of these..
WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
/usr/lbiosoft/lib/R/bin/Rcmd: /usr/lbiosoft/lib/R/bin/Rcmd: No such file or directory

And at the end I get...
Warning messages:
1: Installation of package ellipse had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
2: Installation of package multtest had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
3: Installation of package bioclabs had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
4: Installation of package cluster had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
5: Installation of package e1071 had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
6: Installation of package randomForest had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
7: Installation of package affy had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
8: Installation of package Milan had non-zero exit status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

finally I get...
> library(Milan)
Error in library(Milan) : This is not a valid package -- no DESCRIPTION exists

ANy help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Claire