[BioC] Question

Catherine.Eng at stud.unibas.ch Catherine.Eng at stud.unibas.ch
Thu Jun 12 17:12:57 MEST 2003

HI,

I'm a student who begin to use R Language, I would like to know how to use
genefinder (in library genefilter) in order to search a pattern. In fact, is it
possible to assemble all values on the same rank.
For example, I have 4 conditions and I search a specific profile. The problem
is the genes have differents intensities but they have close pattern of the
query.

ex: 3 genes A,B,C
    4 conditons
    A(values): 30, 40, 50, 60
    B : 100, 110, 120, 130
    C : 35, 50, 55, 65

I search the gene with the same gene A profile, genefinder found gene C if I
limit numResults = 1.
So, I would like to know if it's possible to superimpose on the gene A profile
and extract gene B. I played with genescale unsuccessful.

Can you help!

Thanks,

         Catherine