[BioC] Installation problem

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Jun 19 07:22:22 MEST 2003

   I am having problems with the installation of bioconductor.

   1. Download the getBioC script
   2. Log in as the user "R":
	cd ~R
	> source ("getBioC.R")
	> getBioC("affy")

 It runs happily for a while, getting the versioning package, then falls
into a series of
	WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
        /usr/lib/R/bin/Rcmd: /usr/lib/R/bin/Rcmd: No such file or directory
messages.

  It's not a surprise that it can't find /usr/lib/R -- that isn't where R is
installed on this machine.
  How do I convince it to be a little less "smart", and not ignore R_HOME?

	Thanks for any help,

	Terry Therneau

(Please reply directly to me, since I don't subscribe to the R list).