[BioC] Error when running expresso

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Sun Jun 22 02:33:04 MEST 2003

this is probably because your data set has only one array. notice,
quantile normalization doesnt mean much when you just have one array it
is equivalent to not normalizing. however, you shouldnt get an error.

source this in, while we fix the bug:
normalize.AffyBatch.quantiles <- function (abatch, pmonly = FALSE){
  pms <- unlist(pmindex(abatch))
  noNA <- apply(intensity(abatch)[pms,,drop=FALSE ], 1, function(x)
                all(!is.na(x)))
  pms <- pms[noNA]
  intensity(abatch)[pms,] <-
    normalize.quantiles(intensity(abatch)[pms,,drop=FALSE])
  if (!pmonly) {
    mms <- unlist(mmindex(abatch))
    noNA <- apply(intensity(abatch)[mms, ,drop=FALSE], 1, function(x)
                  all(!is.na(x)))
    mms <- mms[noNA]
    intensity(abatch)[mms,]<-
      normalize.quantiles(intensity(abatch)[mms,,drop=FALSE])
  }
  return(abatch)
}