[BioC] Updated R package for SAM

Holger Schwender holger.schw at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 16:53:25 MEST 2003

Hi,

I have updated the R package for the Significance Analysis of Microarrays
(SAM) that I have posted three days ago. I highly recommend to use this new
version since I have fixed a few bugs and added to new features to this package:

1. Now an one class analysis is possible (in the previous version only two
class analyses were possible).

2. I have added a new function called sam.lambda. If a previous analysis
with the function sam was assigned to an object, sam.lambda can be used to
compute the number of significant, i.e. differentially expressed, genes and the
FDR without rerunning sam (which would take a lot of time).

See the attachment for the new version of this R package called siggenes.

!!!! Please note that there is a patent pending for the SAM technology at
Stanford University. !!!!

Greetings,
Holger