[BioC] com.braju.sma

kfbargad at lg.ehu.es kfbargad at lg.ehu.es
Tue Jun 24 20:07:02 MEST 2003

Dear all,

sorry to bother again but I have been following the examples from the
com.braju.sma manual with some of my data and have seen some warnings
that I would like to understand, if anyone is so kind to explain me.

I am using QuantArray .txt files for two colour chips.

1.- I wanted to extract the signal from the chips without doing
background subtraction and therefore wrote the following

> ma<-getSignal(raw, bg.subtract=FALSE)
Warning message:
Argument 'bg.subtract' in getSignal() (class RawData) is deprecated.
Please use 'bgSubtract' instead. in: getSignal.RawData(raw,
bg.subtract = FALSE)

but it still performs the calculation (as you can see below). Should I
use bgSubtract instead as stated on the message?
> ma
[1] "MAData: M (12288x6), A (12288x6), Layout: Grids: 12x4 (=48),
spots in grids: 16x16 (=256), total number of spots: 12288. Spot id's
are specified."

2.- Also, I wanted to have a look at the A values, but instead got the
following answer
> ma$A
[1] "SpotSlideArray: 2003-06-24 18:01:02"

What should I type?

3.- Finally, I normalised the chips using Lowess and got another
warning:

> normalizeWithinSlide(ma, method="l")
Warning messages:
1: Collapsing to unique x values in: approx(line, xout = A[ok])
2: Collapsing to unique x values in: approx(line, xout = A[ok])
3: Collapsing to unique x values in: approx(line, xout = A[ok])
4: Collapsing to unique x values in: approx(line, xout = A[ok])
5: Collapsing to unique x values in: approx(line, xout = A[ok])
6: Collapsing to unique x values in: approx(line, xout = A[ok])

but again the calculation is performed. What does this mean?

Thanks ever so much for your help.

David