[BioC] Re: location in chromosome

Park, Richard Richard.Park at joslin.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 25 15:09:42 MEST 2003

hi,
you should take a look at the annotate() package.

chromLoc-class Class chromLoc, a class for describing the location of a gene on a chromosome.
chromLocation-class Class chromLocation, a class for describing genes and their chromosome mappings.

I haven't dealt much with chromosome locations, I deal mainly with creating web pages based on genbank and locuslink ids, but these functions may be the first place to start.

hth,
richard park
computational data analyzer
joslin diabetes center