[BioC] Question regarding the R data package.....???

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc@channing.harvard.edu
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:10:33 -0500 (EST)

> library(rgu34a)
> library(Biobase)
> enzymeNAffy <- multiget(ls(rgu34aENZYME2AFFY), rgu34aENZYME2AFFY)

i am going to expand on the above answer a little bit...

1) You have to get the rgu34a data package from the Data Packages
node of bioconductor.  if you are using windows, get the zip
file onto your hard drive and use the package tab on the
gui to install the package from the zip file

2) once it is installed, library(rgu34a) will give you access
to a collection of environments and documents.  library(help=rgu34a)
will give a catalog of resources

3) if you mention rgu34aENZYME2AFFY to the R interpreter you
get a very brief response: the environment tag.

4) "ls" is a function that returns the names of entities
collected in the environment given to it as argument.

strictly speaking, the answer to your question comes from
running unique on the unqualified ls(rgu34aENZYME2AFFY), that
will give the list of all EC labels.  what is provided by
Jianhua is the list mapping from EC labels to vectors of affy
probe ids.