[BioC] (no subject)

Tiago R Magalhaes tiago17@socrates.berkeley.edu
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:44:56 -0800

I am sorry to bother you with such an irrelevant question and I understand
if you can't reply to it

I am biologist working on microarrays (Affy) and I am trying to run R (I
have some experience on S plus)
I tryed to install the Bioconductor Package and I cannot
it tells me that I have to install an XML file:
Package annotate version 1.0.5 requires package XML version >= 0.92-2,
would you like to try to install this package? [yes/no] yes

when I click yes it runs, dowloads something and then:
Warning message:
Running R version 1.6.2 and package XML was built for R version 1.6.1,
skipping.
Please look at the option versForce if you would like to continue. in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

and I am stuck

any ideas on how to solve this problem?

thanks very much

tiago magalhaes

(follows the all dialogue with the computer)

[1] "Getting/installing packages reposTools and Biobase"
Package annotate version 1.0.5 requires package XML version >= 0.92-2,
would you like to try to install this package? [yes/no] yes
Note: No specified download type, defaulting to Win32
[1] "Attempting to download XML from
http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing XML"