[BioC] Try to run a lots of chips: 32 bits vs 64 bits

Shi, Tao shidaxia@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:23:17 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, I can provide any information, but I'm not very familiar with Linux system, so I don't know what specific information you guys need.
The situation is like this: we have ~200 133A chips and want to use RMA to calculate the expression values.  However, we couldn't even use ReadAffy() to read them in. (In details, I started R in the directory where .cel files are located and use command such as dat1<- ReadAffy(); and R told me something like"can't allocate ### kb vector.....").  I only know our Linux server is 32 bits and has 2G ram.
...Tao
 Robert Gentleman <rgentlem@jimmy.harvard.edu> wrote:Hi,
sorry, but really, there are ways to ask questions that get answers
and there are ways to ask questions that get no answers. You seem not
to want to give us any information at all and from there it is pretty
hard for anyone to help fix the problem. You shouldn't be running out
of memory and we certainly cannot figure out why you did if you
insist on giving one word answers.

Robert