[BioC]

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Mar 4 10:28:01 MET 2003

Installing packages under windows is simple. Just click on Packages -> Install package from local zip file..., browse to wherever you downloaded the file and click 'Open'.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> Tiago R Magalhaes <tiago17 at socrates.berkeley.edu> 03/04/03 04:13AM >>>
OK, part II of this process and once again, let me start by saying that I
am sorry to bother you with such an irrelevant question and I understand if
you can't reply to it

I am biologist working on microarrays (Affy) and I am trying to run R (I
have some experience on S plus); I am using a Windows machine and Windowns
2000 as operative system

I am using the affy library and trying to read some Drosophila files

I tryed to install the correct environment but just can't do it
I have read the manual and althought I have tried all the functions
mentioned there the error cames always the same:

Error in as.environment(get(object at cdfName, inherits = FALSE, envir =
where)) :
         Invalid object for as.environment

on the manual it looks really simple: one just has to download and install
the cdf environment
I downloaded ok, but as for installing it, I just don't know how to do it!