[BioC]

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 4 10:35:33 MET 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:13:34AM -0800, Tiago R Magalhaes wrote:
> OK, part II of this process and once again, let me start by saying that I
> am sorry to bother you with such an irrelevant question and I understand if
> you can't reply to it

  These are good questions (and they expose some of the complexity of
  the process -- we are working on removing it and this helps).

> I am biologist working on microarrays (Affy) and I am trying to run R (I
> have some experience on S plus); I am using a Windows machine and Windowns
> 2000 as operative system
>
> I am using the affy library and trying to read some Drosophila files
>
> I tryed to install the correct environment but just can't do it
> I have read the manual and althought I have tried all the functions
> mentioned there the error cames always the same:

 to install, as someone else pointed out you just need to use the
 packages menu, then choose "install from local zip" and that should
 be it

 best
   Robert

> Error in as.environment(get(object at cdfName, inherits = FALSE, envir =
> where)) :
>          Invalid object for as.environment
>
> on the manual it looks really simple: one just has to download and install
> the cdf environment
> I downloaded ok, but as for installing it, I just don't know how to do it!

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.dfci.harvard.edu   |