[BioC] getBioC on alpha

Claudio Lottaz Claudio.Lottaz at molgen.mpg.de
Fri Mar 7 14:25:21 MET 2003

  Dear all,

I am trying to install two versions of Bioconductor (develop and
release, into different directories, of course) on linux and alpha
machines using getBioC (version 1.2.19). While the mechanism works quite
fine on linux, I encounter strange things on our alphas, mostly when
installing into the alternate directory:

 - the same dependencies are checked various times
 - getBioC asks to install packages on which others depend, although they
  just have been installed
 - in the list of packages installed packages are listed twice
 - the installation ends with a "incompatible type" error in an array
   assignment, after showing the list of package which have not been
installed
 - ...

Did anybody else experiance such trouble or even found a work-around?
Thanks
Claudio

Claudio Lottaz
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
Computational Molecular Biology Department
Ihnestrasse 73, D-14195 Berlin (Germany)

phone: +49 (0)30 8413 1177
  fax: +49 (0)30 8413 1176
  www: http://www.molgen.mpg.de/~lottaz