[BioC] RMA algorithm

Shinichiro Wachi swachi at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 12 09:45:50 MET 2003

Hello,

I would like to know how exactly RMA does with the PM data. I've read
'Exploration, Normalization,...' by Irizarry et al., but for the life of
me could not figure out how exactly the expression value is being
calculated (especially the B(.) part - what's actually being done??).
Looking at the source code should be the very last resort - since it never
explicitly states RMA in the remarks, it's a little hairy as of now.

It's nice that it works...but does anybody know a little more detailed
description of this mysterious algorithm?  Could someone explain?

Thanks!

Shin Wachi