[BioC] bioconductor GO data package

Wilkinson, Mark Mark.Wilkinson at stjude.org
Fri Mar 21 10:27:50 MET 2003

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the location of the environments
GOmolecularfunction, GObiologicalprocess, and GOcellularcomponent in release
1.1.1 of the GO data package.  I know they used to be there (1.1.0), but a
few days ago I updated to 1.1.1 and now they seem to be missing.  Have they
been replaced with other objects that I can use to translate GOID to the
path of ontologies?

For example (using 1.1.0),
xx <- ls(env = GOMFID2TERM)
get(xx[12], env=GOmolecularfunction)
$ontology
[1] "alpha-1,3-mannosyltransferase"

$ontology
[1] "mannosyltransferase"

$ontology
[1] "transferase, transferring hexosyl groups"

$ontology
[1] "transferase, transferring glycosyl groups"

$ontology
[1] "transferase"

$ontology
[1] "enzyme"

Thanks,

Mark Wilkinson
Informatics Analyst
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences

The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.