[BioC] bioconductor GO data package

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 24 07:59:41 MET 2003

The structure of the package has changed.  To get the
previous behavior you can use a function like

trace2root <- function(tag,env=GOMFID2TERM,parenv=GOMFPARENTS) {
 line <- get(tag,env)
 thistag <- tag
 tmp <- thistag
 while( !is.na(tmp <- get(thistag,parenv)) ) {
#
# following needs to be made a bigger OR clause with elements
# for BP and CC root tags
#
   if (tmp == "GO:0003674") break
   line <- c(line,get(tmp,env))  # ok because depth not so great
   thistag <- tmp
 }
 line
}

> trace2root( xx[12] )
[1] "alpha-1,3-mannosyltransferase"
[2] "mannosyltransferase"
[3] "transferase, transferring hexosyl groups"
[4] "transferase, transferring glycosyl groups"
[5] "transferase"
[6] "enzyme"

Jianhua Zhang who maintains this system is away but
can comment more fully on his return