[BioC] Question about affy

Mary Logue marylogue at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:29:00 MET 2003

Hi!

I switched from using R in windows to using it in linux as it seems to be
more straight-forward that way.

I was about to attempt to normalise my affy cel files using Li and Wong's
dChip with widget=T but am unsure how to define my co-variates.

I have 8 human chips: 2 X Control, 2 X Treated with LPS, 2 X Treated with
LPS+Yeast and 2 X Treated with Yeast Alone.

I was thinking of putting 2 co-variates in: LPS and Yeast and then putting
in the info as TRUE or FALSE to define how each chip was treated.

Would this be totally wrong? I suspect so.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated,

Mary Logue