[BioC] Problem loading affy using a saved workspace

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Mar 27 15:17:23 MET 2003

Hi all,

I am running R/Bioconductor on WinXP using affy 1.1.1. (Biobase 1.3.10)

If I decide to open up an existing workspace that contains e.g., an AffyBatch and exprSet, I can open the workspace, but when I try to attach the affy package, I get the following error message.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

> library(affy)

Attaching package `tkWidgets':

        The following object(s) are masked from package:tkWidgets :

         [snip]

Error in mlistMetaName(f) : No way to associate a generic function with an object of class "NULL"
Error in mlistMetaName(f) : No way to associate a generic function with an object of class "NULL"
Error in reconcilePropertiesAndPrototype(name, slots, prototype, superClasses) :
        Class "AffyBatch" extends an undefined class ("exprSet"
Error in library(affy) : .First.lib failed

Any ideas?

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility