[BioC] make CDF env

Wenqiong Chen jchen at diversa.com
Thu Mar 27 12:10:49 MET 2003

Hi, I am a new user of BioConductor, and am currently working on Affy data
analysis. I am trying to set up my own CDF package using the "makecdfenv"
package. Here are the problems:
-> Assuming that I have loaded the "makecdfenv"  library, and stored the
.CDF file in my current working directory, however, every time when I ran
"R>make.cdf.package(my.CDF file), the error message I got was "the function
creatPackage could not be found", disregarding what platform I used to run
R, either unix or windows version.
-> On the other hand, I was able to run R>make.cdf.env(my.CDF file) to
simply creat the CDF environment. However, when I proceed to further
analysis such as those functions in "affy" library, the error message I got
was "Error in .local(object, ...) : Information about probe locations for
XXXXXXXX could not be found. Try downloading the XXXXXXXX package from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/cdfenvs.html". So it appeared that
by just creating the environment is not enough and I still need the CDF
package.

My questions are the follows:
1) what is the function called "creatPackage"? Is this function supposed to
be built inside the "makecdfenv" package? If not, how should I check or look
for this function?
2) Is there anything else I should do to, in addition to just creating the
environment, to make the CDF environment work?

Thanks you very much for your help!
joan