[BioC] memory error

Tapan Mehta tapmehta at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 12:49:54 MEST 2003

Hello,

I am running some microarray analysis data and am
using the rma function. I have to read more than 100
files  of  10MB each as a group and use rma function
over all of these . I am trying to read those but it
is giving me memory allocation probem. I have
increased the memory using the memory.limit(size=)
however it is still giving error that it cannot
allocate vector. Please guide me on what I can do to
avoid this problem.

Following is the error

 Data<-ReadAffy()
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 174400 Kb
In addition: Warning message:
Reached total allocation of 255Mb: see
help(memory.size)
> memory.limit(size=180000)
NULL
> Data<-ReadAffy()
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 174400 Kb

Please guide me

Regards,

Tapan Mehta