[BioC] Memory limit on Window with affy chips

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Fri May 9 04:20:09 MEST 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 04:36:16PM -0400, Duhaime Johanne wrote:
> Hello
>
> I tried to analyse 18 affy chips (moe430) with ReadAffy() on a PC with 1,000 Mb RAM
>   and I ran out of memory even when I lunch it as C:\Program Files\R\rw1051\bin\Rgui.exe" --max-mem-size=900M.
>
> Is there any way to proceed?

...depends...

- accept to use only 'rma' preprocessing and check justRMA in devel
(but I want people of the world to feel free and equal, whatever the
preprocessing method they have faith in, so...)
- wait for tomorrow (possibly today). I will put on a pack
of (hackish and inot very official) add-ons for 'affy' that let me process something like 90 U95A
with half a GB (and linux).
(By the way, what is the size of a moe430 chip ?)

L.